Are you tired of the chaos of modern life? Sick of running around in circles but never really getting anywhere? Yeah, me too!
I’m Mel; the overwhelmed mama behind The Search For Simple.
I started this blog to help stressed-out mums like me to emerge victorious from the madness, and start living the life they dream of; where they have time to enjoy the things that are truly important to them.
If you’re ready to take the first steps on your journey towards a simpler life, check out this post to help you get started.
Let’s get one thing clear: I’m not an expert. I struggle with the chaotic pace of family life, but I’m working on simplifying things and I’ll be sharing tips along the way. I’m only human, and I make mistakes just like everyone else, but I’m ok with that as long as I learn from them.
I believe that simplicity is the key to creating a life that you love. I aim to provide easy-to-follow advice on how to simplify and improve your life.
Rest assured that everything I suggest is based on my personal experience: If I haven’t tried it myself, I won’t recommend it! If something doesn’t work, I’ll be honest about it.
Life is hard enough without following crappy advice, am I right?
A few things about me
- I’m a thirty-something stay at home mother of 2 crazy boys – one pre-teen and one toddler.
- My long-suffering partner Jonny is my best friend.
- I live in a beautiful little market town on the outskirts of Snowdonia, North Wales.
- I’m in the process of decluttering my house using the KonMari method (you can read all about that here).
- Aside from running the blog, I also recently started selling my artwork.
- If it weren’t for meditation, I’d probably end up in prison.
- I have a slight obsession with Dr Martens boots.
- Oh, and we have 50 pets.
Life in our house is pretty manic, and one of the reasons that I decided to start this blog was to gain some accountability in my process of simplifying our situation and to connect with like-minded people so that we can encourage and support each other (and share some laughs along the way).
I’d love for you to be a part of our little community, so subscribe to the weekly newsletter to make sure you catch all the latest info from The Search For Simple. Just drop your details in the box below and wait for the fun to begin!